Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Category Management Manager
Job Reference #: 18000BMI
United States-Ohio-Cincinnati-Cincinnati - OH Sales office
Background & Purpose of the Job
Customer Development is our Sales organization at Unilever. CD works closely with customers to pioneer new products, build categories and deploy best in class retail and shopper capabilities. Our Category Management team leads insights into action to impact strategic customer and category growth.
We are hiring a Category Management Manager (Team Lead) to lead category strategy for Kroger and develop best in class category solutions. You will be responsible for the management and development of our portfolio.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
In this role you will
- Utilize category principals from Unilever global best practices to build category business plans and execute identified strategies to deliver category objectives
- Drive profitable category growth for Kroger and Unilever, aligning with jointly developed goals and strategies
- Execute on objectives through use of customer and Unilever business intelligence systems
- Directly manage the relationship with category management contacts at Kroger and influence their decisions to deliver business results
- Work with Category, Sales, CMI, and Brand teams to ensure growth and thought leadership objectives are met and exceeded
- This role is a Team Lead position also with specific category responsibility
Click Apply If
- You’re a born leader: You will own the shelf to maximize productivity of assortment and placement that delivers category strategies and objectives.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: You will grow our business through effective use of data and insights, working with key stakeholders cross functionally to identify KPI’s and define business objectives and goals
- You’re a story teller: You will maximize the use of all data and insights from consumer transactions, loyalty card, Nielsen, and customer POS and spearhead translation of data to insights
- You’re a change maker: You will continuously infuse 84.51 customer loyalty data into merchandising reinvention across categories
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- Minimum 8+ years of experience including category management and customer engagement
- Prior experience with 84.51 and Kroger required
- Experience in space planning, Nielsen, or IRI
- Strong data competency to grow total business
- Ability to translate data to adaptable strategies that take advantage of changing customer and market dynamics
- Strong time management, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships across Unilever and Customer; Demonstrate high levels of engagement with cat man, business managers, shopper marketing, etc.
What We Can Offer You
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.]
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!