The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
This is a direct service position providing a full range of services directed toward the therapeutic care and rehabilitation of adult and adolescent or delinquent substance abusers. Incumbent participates in the planning, organization, and delivery of cross-disciplinary services, (i.e., case work, counseling, specialized treatment, drug court, etc.) according to individual skills and abilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs individual, group, and family counseling under the direction of a Clinical Supervisor; performance includes intensive outpatient and outpatient group counseling, home/community-based individual and family counseling, teaching life skills, case management, and crisis intervention.
- Prepares individualized treatment plans, monthly progress reports, and weekly court reports on client's acceptance to treatment, behavior, attitude, achievement, education, and overall progress in the program.
- Interacts closely with court staff to ensure overall treatment goals and educational outcomes are accomplished.
- Participates in a cross-disciplinary treatment team and attends in-service training.
- Provides screening and assessment; including diagnosis, when appropriate to scope of practice, for adult client population.
- Serves as a liaison with external contacts such as probation officers, family members, and internal contacts with other Abraxas employees, case management staff, quality assurance staff, etc.
- Facilitates court review meetings.
- Completes file reviews in accordance with ODADAS and The Joint Commission Accreditation Guidelines.
- Conducts peer reviews and record reviews.
- Works to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Associate's degree in human services field and one year experience as a counselor AND CDCA or LCDC II or III; OR
- Licensed Physician; Licensed Psychologist; Psychology assistant; OR
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor with a declared scope of practice of alcohol and drug addiction counseling; OR
- Licensed Professional Counselor with a declared scope of practice of alcohol and drug addiction counseling; OR
- Licensed Independent Social Worker with a declared scope of practice of alcohol and drug addiction counseling; OR
- Licensed Social Worker with a declared scope of practice of alcohol and drug addiction counseling.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee's state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer