Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
System Engineer - Citrix/Windows
at Logicalis Group
Supports client environments as member of Logicalis’ 24x7x365 operations team. Responsible for support, incident, problem, change, configuration, performance, and capacity management of devices and resources monitored by Logicalis Managed Services. Provides Tier 3 engineering and support for relevant technology of environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs break/fix troubleshooting, server and software updates and feature enhancements to relevant technology infrastructure; implements and troubleshoots complex environments.
• Responds and solves client issues utilizing technology tools, procedures, and training through awareness of service offerings and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Understands Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and follows predefined ITIL incident, problem and change management processes in place for each client when working to resolve client requests or outages.
• Provides direct client interaction at senior management level.
• Maintains CMDB CI attributes for relation to applications/services and their business impact.
• Maintains current knowledge of core service offerings and SLAs. Understands all Logicalis service offerings to better support client as well as expanding any service offering to current clients.
• Supports escalated issues; coordinates communications between operations staff; supports staff to resolve complex issues.
• Participates in managing client change requests and problem ticket resolution.
• Works with Sales teams and Service Delivery Managers (SDMs) to propose enhancements to client environments.
• Collects statistical information to monitor growth and reports to management.
• Acts as escalation point for Tier I and Tier II technical teams. Directs team members in incident, problem and change request resolution and guidance on projects.
• Follows change management process (peer reviewed by Tier III or Tier lV resource).
• Interacts with other support departments to provide resilient computing environments for Logicalis clients.
• Documents environments, processes and procedures to enable support of environments by other team members.
• Provides periodic environment review and suggests enhancements of services or resiliency of environments.
• Creates, uses and maintains technical and process documentation.
• Remains current on technical and company related literature/correspondence and regularly reviews administrative procedures.
• Coordinates service outages with Service Delivery Managers as required.
• Documents post-incident response and root cause analysis.
• Participates in client sales engagements and performs regular environment Service Delivery Reviews (SDRs).
• Sets course for repeatable processes and auditing Logicalis processes against service descriptions.
• Provides technical leadership and acts as technical resource and mentor to team members.
• Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
• Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
• Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Experience / Technical Requirements
• 7 years’ experience with Windows and Active Directory.
• 5 years professional industry related experience with expert knowledge of problem determination, analysis and resolution techniques in primary support role managing large scale Citrix solutions including Presentation Server, XenApp, Netscaler, and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure as well related technologies Windows server network (200+ servers), and Windows 2012 Server Operating System, including experience in:
o EdgeSight, Citrix Access/Secure Gateway, Citrix Web Interface, Windows Clustering, Network Load Balancing and VMWare vSphere.
o VMware specifically with virtualization of enterprise environments.
o Citrix Virtualization.
o Windows 2008 and 2012 Server Operating System.
o Management and automation tooling, including Microsoft SCCM, PowerShell, Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Salt.
o Disaster recovery with various technologies.
o Configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting server-class hardware (HP, Dell, Cisco).
o Troubleshooting and resolving network related issues, including fundamental knowledge of networking concepts.
o Best-practice implementation for security of devices.
o Identifying issues and determining root cause via consistent, logical approach.
o Management and design of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and other common Windows services.
• Experience working in ITIL-based incident tracking system (ServiceNow).
• Intermediate to high level knowledge of Windows Administration.
• Understanding of network and server monitoring tools and technologies.
• Proficient use of all Microsoft Office applications.
May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator (CCEA)
• Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA)
• XenDesktop or XenApp
Other Skills and Abilities
• Realizes value in end-to-end service delivery as critical to individual and company success.
• Outstanding oral, written, and technical/business communication skills.
• Earns client, partner, and employee trust and respect through demonstrating commitment to exceed expectations.
• Breaks down ideas, problems, or opportunities into components, solves problems, and implements client requests.
• Eager to evaluate and test new manufacturer products, services, troubleshooting, installation, and configuration techniques.
• Works effectively under pressure and stressful situations.
• Stays on leading edge of technology by learning new techniques and methods through continual education.
• Evaluates, escalates, and exercises good judgment and make decisions based on limited information.
• Works as stand alone or in team environment.
• Eager to work pro-actively and to do what is expected at all times.
• Available for on-call duties that include 24x7 responses on rotating basis within team.
• Meets deadlines by prioritizing work requests based on sense of urgency.
• Strong technical and client interaction skills.
• Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
• Follows through with tasks, projects, and troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
• Superb customer service skills.
• Local travel and overnight travel between Logicalis offices may be necessary (typically less than 5%).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, see, hear, and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; move about, climb steps or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Logicalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to employ people who are qualified by reason of education, training, experience, and demonstrated performance. We value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, height, weight, disability, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal or state laws.