Great American Insurance Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hosting- Solution Engineering Manager
at Great American Insurance Group
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Position Type
- Full Time
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
- Oversees development, installation, modification, performance, and availability of IT operating environments, infrastructure applications and data center facilities.
- Develops policies and procedures related to the deployment and maintenance of the organization's IT operating environments, infrastructure applications, data center facilities and disaster recovery.
- Explores the future IT operating environment and infrastructure needs of the organization and provides technical leadership to the team.
- Provides support for strategic initiatives throughout IT with a focus on infrastructure
- Participates in Change Management and Problem Management Activities
- Tracks and reports on IT operating environment availability
- Responsible for performance and coaching of staff and decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management. Ensures new members of the team receive proper training.
- Ensures that the team meets performance targets.
- Expert knowledge of IT operating environments, disaster recovery, infrastructure applications and databases.
- Expert knowledge of solution engineering. Partnering with IT customers to develop the appropriate hosting environment that that meets their needs as well as security and infrastructure standards
- Ability to orchestrate and coordinate work of others.
- Ability to set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company's plans and vision.
- Ability to be a hands-on Supervisor, performing work of the team when necessary to meet commitments.
- Advanced levels of analytical, problem-solving, critical-thinking & communication skills.
- Ability to navigate complex organizational structures & the relationships within, negotiate between competing objectives & priorities and help resolve conflicts, while maintaining the integrity of those partnerships.
- Exhibits business knowledge of insurance or finance.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to define/lead best practices around process and business analysis tools.
- Superior ability to self-manage and stay on track with commitments; resourceful in solving problems and removing impediments.
- Ability to think creatively, champion new ideas and challenge the status quo.
- Adaptable and effectively cope with rapidly changing business landscape.
- Requires advanced technical knowledge
- Windows and Red Hat Server operating systems
- Server hardware
- Applications & Support tools (SCCM, Satellite, Puppet)
- Data center facility software and hardware
- Web hosting (IIS, Tomcat, Apache)
- Disaster recovery
- Patching and vulnerability management
- 5 or more years of data center management experience
- 10 or more years of related experience as IT or Business Analyst that includes researching, testing, documenting and/or maintaining applications or using applications in a business setting
- 5 or more years of cloud services experience, preferred
- Commercial Insurance experience, preferred