Great American Insurance Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Great American Insurance Group
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Administrative/Customer Support
- Position Type
- Full Time
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American is looking for a Compliance Specialist to join its Property & Casualty Legal Department (“P&C Legal”). This person will assist with corporate-wide legal compliance efforts. As a Compliance Specialist, this person will help oversee day-to-day compliance activities and implement group-wide legal compliance efforts. The successful candidate will have strong organizational, analytic, and communication skills. This position is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter who is looking for a sophisticated and dynamic career while maintaining work/life balance.
- Participate in the administration of the company’s compliance program
- Assist with developing and maintaining risk assessments
- Assist with documenting, tracking, and monitoring compliance efforts in key risk areas
- Support the Annual Conflict of Interest questionnaire process and review, including monitoring systems, developing reports and compiling data
- Participate in administering technology solutions, including compliance management software
- Develop, maintain, and update policies and procedures related to compliance program
- Assist with identifying training needs, and participate in developing and conducting training
- Manage other projects as needed
- Experience in a corporate compliance environment preferred
- Technology acumen: strong understanding of and ability to use technology solutions, such as Excel, SharePoint, and other Software as Service solutions
- Organizational, project and change management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate concisely with a wide variety of audiences
- Collaborative, adaptable, innovative, solution-oriented attitude
- Ability to work independently, with a team, and across all levels of the organization