Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GMF Credit Manager - Zone A
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Credit / Underwriting
?A GMF Credit Manager is responsible for assisting the GMF Regional Credit Manager in managing credit functions and indirect business activity for GM dealers assigned to the credit center. The position is responsible for training credit analysts on credit policies, underwriting processes, GM and GMF program information, and contract negotiations.
- Quickly adapt and lead credit analysts through organizational change.
- Provide guidance to Credit Analyst in creating an environment for success.
- Set clear expectations for performance and hold team members accountable for the results.
- Provide timely feedback, training, and coaching to Credit Analysts.
- Oversee the development, maintenance of dealer relationships to ensure set objectives are met.
- Review credit exceptions and determine their approval or denial within established credit authority.
- Ensure that profitability measures and key performance indicators are held to company policies.
- Recommend decisions to RCM on approvals outside of credit authority.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Offer support and training to branch personnel as needed in the credit decision process, negotiating, and interpretting credit policies.
- Knowledge of sales, credit and funding processes in consumer finance
- Working knowledge of consumer credit, credit laws and regulations
- Knowledge of the retail automobile finance industry
- Knowledge of indirect retail auto financing
- Knowledge of the Company’s credit policies
- Knowledge of motor vehicle retail installment documentation
- Knowledge of State regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Federal regulatory requirements
- Knowledge consumer finance and banking environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to positively motivate, develop, coach and lead others
- Negotiation skills
- Credit underwriting skills
- Presentation and communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Customer relations skills
- Ability to multitask
- Innovative thinker with strong ability for strategic vision
- Display commitment to continuous improvement of business
- Sales skills necessary to develop and maintain productive dealer relationships
- Ability to professionally represent GM Financial
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-4 Years supervisory experience Preferred
- 3-5 Years underwriting experience in the indirect retail auto finance industry and prefer experience with GM Financial. Preferred
- Occasional overtime or split shifts may be required;Subject to loud noise;Subject to stressful situations;harsh language from customers;some travel required;normal office environment;Fast-paced office environment;Strong focus on providing quality service to internal and external customers;Work a flexible schedule including extended business hours, weekends and holidays;Work additional hours based on production demands requiring mandatory overtime;Flexible schedule with possibility of working long hours;Subject to daily service level requirements;Limited travel may be required to support business needs;Must be able to deal with stressful office conditions while troubleshooting problems