Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Developer-WEBCOE
at Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.
Job TitleSenior Software Developer-WEBCOE
Area of InterestInformation Technology
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Senior Software Developer to drive the business by ensuring that business system applications deliver measurable value to the business. They provide support for specialized and ad hoc requests for research, technical information and customized or one-off solutions.
This profession delivers to a future view of technical solutions and business process, managed by a delivery plan integrated with other IT and business areas, as well as to a roadmap that makes progress toward a future state. This profession ensures the ongoing health of the business systems, measured by agreed level of services.
This role is responsible for designing, creating, integrating and deploying an aggregation of business system applications that cooperate together to deliver overarching functionality of technology. That responsibility includes the entire software lifecycle, from ideation through end-of-life, for all applications that deliver value within business capabilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Systems analysis, design, development, integration, maintenance and support
- Codes applications using a disciplined development process
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms
- Produces and analyzes data extracts and reports from system
- Develops, executes and documents test plans
- Plans and schedules the installation and deployment of new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment - ensure production readiness
- Ensures all applications are documented according to standards
- Assists in defining development guidelines and standards
- Provides technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members
- Provides team member performance feedback to manager
- Supports major projects that span a broad range of applications -- act as the IT lead and subject matter expert by providing technical direction to others
- Evaluates new application packages and tools; researches best practices and recommends solutions
- Identifies technical requirements, creates technical design specifications, and reviews technical design specifications developed by junior levels
- Creates technical sizing for requirements and reviews technical sizing requirements developed by junior levels
- Advanced Programming techniques; application and systems analysis, design, development and integration
- 5-7 years of proven on the job programming experience
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Proven knowledge of surrounding information systems and application architecture standards
- Ability to support an enterprise with a diverse technical environment
- Advanced knowledge of Application Security & Object Relational Mapping (ORM)
- Advanced knowledge of developing a Domain Model from either requirements or Use Cases
- Advanced knowledge source code control practices
- Advanced knowledge in rapid prototyping and agile environment
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Java
Advanced knowledge and experience with Unit Testing -- Junit & Mock Frameworks
- Advanced knowledge of:
- Java Frameworks (i.e. Spring, Spring Batch, Spring Boot, Spring Security)
- PL/SQL or equivalent
- Tomcat in a server environment
- Developing and implementing Service Oriented Architecture
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Experience with:Experience working in a Docker environment
- ?MongoDB or equivalent
- React / Redux
- Experience working in a Docker environment
- Experience with Amazon Services (EC2, S3,etc) a plus
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Continuous Integration
- Release Automation
- Automated Code Analysis Tools
- Experience with Amazon Services (EC2, S3,etc)
We are Ameritas: proud to say we're in the business of fulfilling life.